Spring is just around the corner, and with both the school holidays and long weekends coming up, what better opportunity to get out pedalling as a family?
Cycling with your family can hold many benefits to both you and your kids. Children love cycling, and that is a fact! It can really give your little ones both a sense of freedom, and achievement. Because of this, it is important to have them learn how to cycle as soon as. Our drop-in sessions can certainly help with this, and we run them most weekends around both Glasgow and Edinburgh!
Now let’s look at some of the individual benefits of cycling with your little ones:
- Improves the relationship and bond that you have with your children.
- It is a completely free activity that you can all engage in! (it can even save you money if you are cycling somewhere you would normally drive or take public transport to).
- Cycling introduces a very healthy and fun activity to your child at a young age.
- You can explore exciting new places with your little ones! Try our Treasure Hunts around Glasgow and Edinburgh!
- Cycling can improve both your physical and mental health, great for your fitness and wellbeing!
- People who cycle regularly are noted to be as fit as an average person TEN YEARS their junior, so it’s best to get them learning early!
Thinking of taking your little ones out pedalling but they can’t quite manage to yet? We showcase lots of solutions to this at our Bike Curious Family Workshops run on the second Sunday of every month!